The Folding knife is an accessory that must be in your survival arsenal. Folding or fixed blade, serrated or smooth, there is no shortage of models on the market both in terms of design and manufacturing materials. This is why we must take stock of certain elements before investing.
This is the purpose of our review. It informs you about the different parameters to consider as well as a list of products whose performance has fascinated users, such as Damascus Folding Knives and its foolproof chrome steel blade. The shape of the Laguiole Actiforge Knife Handle in horn is similar to that of kitchen knives. You feel the same comfort in use while enjoying a pleasant aesthetic.
1. Damascus Folding Knife
If you’re a pocket knife connoisseur, you’ve probably heard of Damascus. These Japanese materials have the reputation of having a foolproof blade, like a katana, the samurai sword, but in a reduced version.
This model owes its effectiveness to its chrome-plated steel edge. Robust and resistant, it is effective in the face of all circumstances that may arise.
It shines in the culinary field as well as in outdoor situations. It accompanies you on your expeditions in nature and can even be useful to you in extreme conditions.
In total, this accessory is only 21 cm, of which the handle measures 12 cm. With these dimensions, it easily adapts to all hand sizes, both men and women. With its appearance, it also accommodates people who use both right and left hands.
- Cutting capacity: The blade is the result of Japanese know-how in the field. It crosses many textures easily, which saves you from repeating the operation each time.
- Handy: The 12 cm handle fits well in the hand. With its symmetrical design, it is suitable for both left-handed and right-handed people.
- Versatile: This equipment can be used as a kitchen knife and can also complete your hiking or outdoor equipment.
- Regular maintenance: It is advisable to sharpen and clean the cutting edge, respectively, before and after each use to optimize its efficiency and durability.
2. Laguiole Actiforge Knife Horn handle
If you want a pocket knife worthy of the name in your hands, contact a specialist brand in the field. And in a comparison like this, the Laguiole brand remains essential. The French designer owes his reputation to the manufacturing quality of his products, and this specimen is not lacking in his expertise.
In addition to its aesthetics, the solid stainless steel and the black horn constituting this knife made in the traditional way make it very solid. The configuration not only pleases the eye but also remains durable over time.
With its 11 cm, this model is suitable for the majority of users. However, the handle is also available in 9 cm or 12 cm, depending on your preferences. When purchased, the accessory comes with a case that serves as a storage and transport box between two jobs.
- Good grip: The length of the handle easily adapts to all hand sizes. In addition, the design facilitates the grip of the whole.
- Robust: This knife has a structure entirely made up of stainless steel and horn elements. The combination of these materials gives it effective resistance against various wear factors.
- Elegant Finishes: This entirely handcrafted specimen includes details that add to its luxurious aesthetic.
- Adaptation time: Unfolding requires a certain technique. You will need to wield the knife for quite a while to acquire it.
3. BearCraft Carbon Design Folding Knife
This gear from BearCraft appeals to consumers looking for versatility in one item. Indeed, this model has a double-edged blade in 5cr13mov stainless steel. The smooth side will help you in the neat and clean cutouts of the elements.
The other, serrated, will help you in more laborious operations such as sawing ropes or pieces of wood. In both cases, this accessory is a good ally for expedition enthusiasts and those who regularly find themselves in danger.
Once unfolded, this model measures 12.5 cm and weighs only 141 g. It therefore hardly encumbers during transport. A case dedicated to this purpose also accompanies the lot. Your movements are ensured by its ergonomic handle, which is suitable for both left and right-handed people.
- Multifunction: The blade of this specimen has two very distinct structures allowing the cutting of a certain variety of elements. On the back of the handle, you’ll even come across a component designed to break the glass.
- Quality of materials: The cutting edge is made of stainless steel while the handle is made of wood and a carbon extension. This assembly gives this knife unfailing durability.
- Fragile mechanism: People have found themselves with the folding system damaged after a fall.
4. Yousunlong Folding Pocket Knife
By turning to Yousunlong, you will probably have the opportunity to find a quality item, especially if you can’t decide which pocket knife to choose.
The brand has for example developed this damask knife 19 cm long when opened and 10 cm in folded mode. These reduced dimensions facilitate storage and handling of the accessory.
However, this does not penalize its effectiveness. The cutting edge comprises an assembly of layers of high and low carbon steel, covered with a layer of nickel. This combination not only gives this equipment a luxurious appearance but also good robustness against friction with different surfaces.
In addition, this specimen can complete your survival equipment during your outings in nature. It is suitable for many activities such as fishing, hunting, climbing, and hiking.
- Aesthetics: The coating of this model immediately catches the eye with its shiny finishes. Its look, dominated by a metallic gray, leaves no one indifferent.
- Ergonomic: The handle includes a part made of natural bull bone maximizing grip. It remains pleasant to the touch of the hand and facilitates handling in all directions.
- Blade performance: This part of the knife is coated with Damascus steel combining more than 73 different layers as well as heat treatment to ensure all types of uses.
- Deployment is not easy: For some users, the blade withdrawal zone would be missing. Unfolding can become complex when you have wet hands.
5. Bibury 5 in 1 Multifunction Knife
Inexpensive, multifunctional, and efficient, this specimen bearing the Bibury logo seduces consumers with its qualities. Indeed, it will suit you if you are looking for a tool that can perform many tasks, but for which you will not pay a fortune.
This reference alone groups together a set of 5 distinct functions. In addition to the blade that you will use in cutting, it includes accessories capable of uncorking wine bottles, opening tin cans, and turning screws. It will not only do the trick for lovers of outdoor outings, but also DIY enthusiasts.
This device is set to last with a 420 stainless steel structure combined with a semi-serrated blade. Versatile, the latter remains resistant to corrosion and humidity.
Handling also remains easy with a multi-level locking system preventing unexpected openings and closings.
- Multi-use: This model includes many integrated elements allowing it to be easily adapted to various situations. Besides the cutting edge, it features pliers, a can opener, a bottle opener, and a screwdriver with an assortment of 9 heads.
- Versatile: Thanks to its multifunctionality, this equipment is suitable for different types of jobs. Indeed, it will provide you with various services in hiking, camping, fishing, or hunting.
- A little heavy: According to consumers, the weight of 300 g handicaps the use of this model. Otherwise, it would have been the best pocket knife around.