Location: Chikmangalur, Kudremukh Trek
Summit Altitude: 6,207ft
Trek duration: 2day and 1 night
Moreover, Trek trail: 22km ( both ways)
Trek difficulty: Moderately difficult
Starting point: Bangalore, Karnataka
Ending point: Bangalore, Karnataka
How to reach?
Various pickup points across the city of Bangalore are available. One can choose any of them according to their convenience and proper pickup and drop services will be provided.
One can also choose to reach the base camp on their own.
Both packages inclusive and exclusive of transportation charges are available.
- Relish the beauty of nature in different forms. Enjoy coming across lush green lands, forests and a number of big small streams throughout the trek trail.
- Enjoy all kinds of experiences from trekking to camping to enjoying nature at its best.
- Feel the achievement of conquering the third highest peak of Karnataka. Enjoy the eagle eyed view of the beautifully blooming surrounding from an altitude of 6,207 ft.
- Enjoy camping and a bonfire under the starry night sky.
- Manage with time and grab an visit to the refreshing and gushing Somvati waterfalls
About the trek
Kudremukh Trek, 96 kilometres from Chikmangalur provides one with the true opportunity to explore the best of nature through forests and grasslands. The place is well connected and easily accessible from Bangalore yet is far far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It allows one to take a break from hectic and chaotic city life and enjoy the tranquillity and calmness amidst nature.
The thrills and adventures of the trek will excite you inside out and bring to you some of the best panoramic views from the summit peak. The whole camping and bonfire session has its own vibe that will energise you in a different way.
This place is indeed one of the best trekking places in south India that will fill you with loads of memories and calmness. The view from top is mesmerising and will leave in absolute awe of the place.
The two day and one night itinerary is divided as follows:
Get picked from the opted spot within the city of Bangalore.
Be ready to take an overnight journey to kudremukh from Bangalore.
Reach Kudremukh early in the morning and start your trek from Kudremukh national park at around 6:00pm .
Visit the base camp, have a great breakfast and relax a bit to gain energy to kickstart your journey ahead.
Resume the trekking at around 9:00 am towards the top of Kudremukh peak, an exciting trail of about 11km (one way).
Enjoy your lunch with your troop on the way to the top amidst the beauty of nature.
Reach the top, have a great walk and watch from the top, feel the serenity and soak in all the beauty. Click a handful of pictures everywhere at the top and start your descent journey.
Reach back to the base camp by 6 pm and enjoy an overnight stay in comfortable tents.
Enjoy scrumptious dinner with bonfire alongside under the starry night sky and this is the windup of the day.
Get up in the morning, catch a beautiful sunrise, feed up on some lip smacking breakfast and start the day at about 8 am .
Enjoy visiting the Kudremukh National park followed by mesmerizingly beautiful Somvati waterfalls.
Shoot towards the Belur temple before heading towards the delicious lunch at 1 pm at a restaurant around.
After being full, start your journey back to Bangalore with lots and lots of memories.
Reach Bangalore by 10 pm.
This marks the end of an amazing, soulful and unforgettable trek.
- Be on time, at the time of pickup followed by the whole trekking journey.
- Carry a good quantity water bottle that can keep you hydrated throughout.
- Hence, Carry some lite ready to eat munching snacks in case you feel hungry to avoid unnecessary expenses.
- Follow your guide or group head. Their instructions will be binding to everyone.
- Carry caps and some warm clothes, so as to be prepared for all the situations.
- A hiking stick will be needed to climb to the top of Kudremukh peak.
- Carry your best trekking shoes to make the experience smoother and hassle free.
Enjoy trekking to the third highest peak and take some best memories into your account and cherish them forever. So, The beauty of nature and serenity of place will leave an irreplaceable mark on your soul. Thus, it will refresh your mind for better .