Hey! Does your Avast Antivirus is not working properly or are you going through issues such as avast scan stuck at 25%?
If your answer is yes, then this article is meant for you, as in this article, you will meet with methods that will assist you in getting rid of issues such as being unable to scan Avast.
These fixes or methods are not only for Windows 10 but for Mac too.
We think it’s time, we should move on to the methods to resolve Avast’s inability to scan.
Methods to fix Avast Unable to Scan issue
As we have quoted above, these are the potential and effective methods that will help you in getting rid of Avast unable to scan issues.
We have listed these methods after proper research and thorough analysis.
Place the Files in the Excluded Option
It has been seen that placing or say putting files in the excluded option has the potential to resolve Avast unable to scan issues.
If you don’t know how to put files in the excluded Option, then you don’t have to ponder much as you don’t have to go anywhere because we have constructed the steps to place files in the excluded option in a very simple and understanding manner which you will notice below.
Steps to Put Files In the Excluded Option
As we cited above, here are the simple steps that will assist you in putting files in the excluded option.
- To get rid of Avast Unable to scan Mac, begin with opening the Avast software on your Mac.
- Next, you have to hit the Menu button and after that look for the Settings option and lastly hit the Exceptions tab.
- Now, you have to place the files in the exception which you can do by clicking Add Exceptions and hitting on Browse.
It’s time to check whether the issue Avast is unable to Scan Mac has been resolved or not and if the issue continues to haunt you then the next method may assist you in getting rid of being unable to scan Avast.
Read also: Avast Wont Open on Windows 10 how to fix
Install Avast Software Again
If you are encountering an Avast scan stuck at 25% issue repeatedly, then there are probable chances that something has gone wrong during the installation procedure of Avast software.
It can be done by manually shifting between drives or by interruption during the installation process as we cited above.
And, this leads you to Re-installing the Avast software again.
- To reinstall Avast software, simply hit the Windows+R keys together and then type appwiz.cpl in the given field and lastly hit the enter button.
- After that, look for the entry titled Avast Free Antivirus and hit right-click on it, then simply hit Uninstall.
- Finally, you have to reboot your PC and open up your preferred browser and head to the Avast official website and download the software.
Now, check whether the issue called unable to scan avast has gone or not.
Reboot Computer in Command Prompt
Another alternative method to resolve the problem titled unable to scan avast is rebooting the computer in command prompt.
Several users have stated that performing this fix or method has resolved their issue.
To restart the computer in the command prompt, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- To reboot the computer in the command prompt, launch the command prompt and run it as the Administrator.
- In this step, you have to enter the location address of the file of Avast and hit the enter button.
- Next, enter the sched into the respective field and again hit the enter button.
- Lastly, once the command prompt pops up, input Shutdown and hit the enter button. Now, Once the desktop starts, a reboot is conducted at the scheduled time.
Keep Avast Antivirus Up-to-date
The last fix you can try to resolve the inability to scan vast issues is by checking if there is any pending update available or not.
Using an outdated version of the Avast Antivirus application may lead you to such issues.
So, to make sure you don’t have to foresee Avast being unable to scan any kind of issue, keep your Avast antivirus up today.
We have listed the steps to update Avast software which you can follow to update the Avast Antivirus software.
Steps to Update Avast Antivirus Software
- To update Avast software, launch an Avast application on Windows 10 or Mac.
- Next, you have to click on the menu and after that hit on the settings tab.
- Now, on the left side, you will notice Update under the general tab, simply click on it.
- Lastly, click on the Check For Updates and check whether any update is available or not, if yes, then update the Avast software with immediate effect to get rid of Avast unable to scan the issue.
By applying this method you may resolve Avast’s inability to scan issues.
We wish that the fixes we have enlisted in this thorough article will provide your desired results.
Recommended: Best And Easy Step To Cancel Auto-Renewal For Avast