Australia is one of the safest countries in the world and houses some of the best global universities. So, studying there will allow you to gain new skills while experiencing the Australian lifestyle simultaneously. The Student Visa 500 will give you the chance to stay for a considerable period and pursue your higher studies. This blog will help you know more about it and what you should do to obtain your Australian student visa flawlessly.
How Does the Student Visa 500 Help an International Student?
Besides allowing an international student to study, the Australian Student Visa Subclass 500 offers other benefits, too, including part-time work rights, travel rights, and bringing family members.
You Can Study and Work
Australia has some of the best universities that frequently feature on world university rankings. If your application is successful, you will be trained by highly qualified faculties, get immense educational and research support, and enjoy wonderful campus life.
Whether you want to pursue a university degree, vocational education course, or English language course, you can easily find your preferred institution.
Australian qualifications are globally recognized. Therefore, after you graduate, you will find lucrative job opportunities in your home country.
Unlike many other countries, the Australian authority allows overseas students to work part-time during their graduation. Holding a Student Visa subclass 500 will make you eligible to work for up to 40 hours a fortnight. However, you can work full-time during semester breaks or holidays.
Sectors, where you can find your job include retail sales, hospitality industry, sales and telemarketing, farming, administration, etc.
Working as a part-time employee can be a practical option because you will need to pay for your own studies and living. It also makes you familiar with the Australian work culture.
You Can Bring Your Family Members
When lodging your Subclass 500 Visa application, you can include your partner or spouse and dependent children. Keep in mind that if you do not include them at the time of application, but they have plans to join you later, you must inform the Department of Home Affairs about it.
Your spouse or partner and dependent children will be considered dependent applicants and enjoy the same rights as you. For example, if you enrol in a master’s course, your partner can be granted full work rights for the entire Student Visa Subclass 500 validity period.
Having close family members at your side in a foreign country will reduce your stress so that you can concentrate on your studies better.
Traveling In and Out of Australia Is Allowed
As long as your visa is valid, you can travel abroad and return to Australia whenever you wish.
However, note that your time outside Australia will not extend your Student Visa Subclass 500 validity.
You Can Stay Back in Australia for Further Studies
Another key benefit of studying in Australia on a Visa Subclass 500 is that it allows the students to apply for another visa to stay back in this country. Many students fall in love with the Australian lifestyle and decide not to return to their home country. If you are among them, you may apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa 485. After completing the graduation and expiration of your student visa 500.
The 485 Visa Australia has two streams – the Graduate Work Stream (GWS) and the Post-Study Work Stream Visa (PSWV). Both these streams offer students to stay in Australia for several more years, during which they can work full-time and pursue further studies.
- If you have obtained a diploma or trade certification from a TAFE institute, you may apply for the Graduate Work Stream. In this case, you will also be required to go through a skills assessment. The stay period offered by the GWS is 18 months.
- On the other hand, the Post-Study Work Stream visa allows students to stay for 2 to 4 years, depending on their academic qualifications. You must hold a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree awarded by an Australian university. This extra period will help you sharpen your knowledge and skills, thus increasing your chances to get much better work opportunities.
What Are the Student Visa 500 Requirements?
If you want to enjoy the benefits mentioned above, it is important to satisfy all the Student Visa 500 requirements. Here is given a detailed list.
- Your age must be at least 6 if you are a school student.
- Before your application, first, you must get your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) document from the institute you want to study in.
- You must be a genuine temporary visitor to Australia. It means you have to show the Department of Home Affairs that you are coming to Australia for study only and have no plans to settle down.
- You must be proficient in English.
- If you have not turned 18, you must have the necessary welfare arrangements.
- As an overseas student in Australia, you have to cover your own tuition fees, travel costs, and accommodation expenses. For that, you must have sufficient monetary support.
- A Student Subclass 500 Visa also requires that you and your family members meet the necessary health and character requirements.
What Documents to Submit?
Submitting a specified set of documents is vital for a Visa 500 application. A detailed Student Visa 500 checklist will include the following documents:
- A passport and a national id card
- Several copies of passport-size photographs
- Proof of name change, if applicable
- Confirmation of Enrolment document, a letter of support, a letter of acceptance, or an AASES form
- A GTE statement
- Records showing you have enough financial strength
- Welfare arrangement documents, if applicable
- Details of your Overseas Student Health Cover
- Health and character documents
- Documents of your dependent applicants
- A filled-out Form 956 when you hire an immigration agent Perth
Contact a Top-rated Migration agent in Perth
Contact a top-rated migration firm if you want to receive application guidance from the best migration agent Perth. Several Perth migration firms have served their clients over many years. Whenever you approach them, they will assign you their top agent so that you can make a successful application flawlessly.