Safe delivery of your belongings is of paramount importance during your overall relocation process.
This is the reason why you opt for the leading packers and movers in your city. There are different ways to pack your belongings for a move.
Packing your furniture is a tricky task. There are a variety of furniture pieces you need to pack. It is impossible to find the right packing supplies for them if you are self-moving.
But you want to move all your furniture safely to another location in any case. Some furniture items are very precious. So, you don’t want any scratch on them. But it all depends on the proper packing strategies.
A good packing strategy will protect the furniture from any kind of mishappening. Some of your furniture pieces are delicate, and it is difficult to save them from any damage. But if you use the best tips, it will be easy for you to move them safely.
You always have the option of contacting the verified packers and movers for your furniture relocation. But many of you want to move them without any help. Here are the do’s and don’ts of packing your furniture for the move:-
Do’s Of Furniture Relocation
Make sure to protect the open surfaces of your furniture. It’s best to use thick blankets to protect them. Also, use protective covers for them.
- Don’t forget to close any open drawers, panels, or doors.
- Inspect all the furniture pieces before moving them. Write down any information that you think is important during the move. This will help you in knowing which furniture pieces you need to move.
- It’s always good to clean your furniture items before you move them to another location. Clean them properly to remove any type of dust on them. Using a soft cloth will be good to remove the dust.
- Making an inventory will be immensely beneficial in any kind of relocation. When you do this, you are aware of the complete list of your furniture pieces. You can move the important items and leave the unimportant items behind.
- Arranging the good packing materials of your furniture is very essential for a good packing process. You can use many things for packing. Some of them are bubble wrap, packing tape, furniture blankets, shrink wrap, etc.
Other Do’s To Consider
Other things you need to take care of are:-
- Make sure to remove all the items from your furniture. This will help you pack it safely. Empty all their drawers so that you can pack them easily.
- It’s important to take care of your glass items during the move. If any glass item is there on your furniture, then remove it. If you don’t, you will break the glass.
- Using more and more bubble wrap will be advantageous for you. Bubble wrap acts as the most protective layer to save your items from any damage.
- Moving large furniture is impossible. So disassemble the furniture pieces to transport them safely to another place.
- Some furniture pieces are very big, which makes it difficult to pass in the doors. So, it is better to measure this furniture before moving them.
- Legs are the base of a furniture piece. So, it would be best to remove these legs first. Once you do it, packing them will be much easier. Also, keep their leg intact. Cover these legs in bubble wrap to protect them.
- Protect the fastening elements by packing them separately. You need to take care of them. To keep them safe, keep all the bolts, washers, nuts, and dowels into plastic bags. This will save them from any misplacements and damage.
- If you don’t know the ways to disassemble a furniture piece, look for its construction manual. You will be aware of the right ways to dismantle it with the help of the construction manual.
There are some don’t that you need to follow while moving your furniture. If you follow them, you move your furniture safely and without any risk.
Following are some of the don’ts of packing your furniture:-
Don’ts of Furniture Relocation
- Do not pack your furniture when they are dirty. It would be good if you clean them first. This will be very beneficial for them. If you move them without cleaning their surface, the dust particles will damage their surface.
- Don’t use packing tape or bubble wrap on the delicate surfaces of the furniture. If you need to pack a delicate furniture item, pack it with blank packing paper.
- Don’t start packing your furniture without having the basic packing materials. Make sure to arrange furniture blankets, stretch wrap, packing paper, bubble wrap, etc. to pack the blankets.
- Don’t pack the old furniture or any unwanted furniture. Moving them won’t be useful to you in any case. It will only increase the weight of your consignment and your moving cost.
- Don’t start packing if you don’t know how to do it. If you have never done it before, you’ll fail miserably. So, if you want to pack your furniture in the best way, contact professional movers for this purpose.
- Don’t leave the delicate areas of your furniture open. It will be risky for your furniture. These furniture items will be damaged if you don’t protect them.
There are many ways you can protect them. Make use of the best packing materials to pack them. You can protect these fragile parts if you make the best use of high-quality packing materials.
- Don’t try to move the furniture items that are too big. Sometimes, you may have problems in placing them. Due to their big size, you may find it hard to place them in your other home.
So, the best thing would be to take their proper measurements before moving them. This will help you in knowing about the right space needed for their placement.
Packing your furniture items professionally is the key to relocating them safely to your new destination. Now you have the right knowledge of the do’s and don’ts of packing your furniture.
You can use the best tips as per your moving requirements. If you want safe furniture relocation, using the above tips will be very useful for you.