A Student Visa 500 will allow you to enrol in an eligible course offered at your favourite Australian institute. Because Australia provides excellent academic opportunities. Obtaining this visa will give you a solid start to a bright career. Besides studying, the Australian visa subclass 500 offers others. Benefits like working part-time, bringing family members to Australia, etc. This blog discusses some of the conditions attached to this visa. That you have to maintain to stay in Australia for the specified period.
Student Visa 500 Work Conditions
Generally, as a 500 Visa holder, you can work for a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight. If you have your spouse as a secondary applicant. They can also work for the same duration. student visa 500 working hours depends according to guidelines. Of the immigration department of Australia.
You can work full-time when you have holidays and session breaks.
The 40-hour restriction is not applicable if you do unpaid or voluntary work. For a not-for-profit organisation or offer benefits to the community.
Recently, the Australian Government has made some relaxations on this restriction. That allows student visa subclass 500 holders to work for more than 40 hours. Not only that, but students can also start working for an Australian employer. Even if their course has not commenced. It has been done to address the shortage of workforce. However, note that this measure is temporary, and the government will review it in April 2022.
What are the documents required for a student visa 500?
While holding your Student Visa 500, you have to satisfy all the course requirements:
- If you are a secondary exchange student or have received sponsorship. From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Defence. You must stay enrolled in your course or training.
- You have been granted your student visa subclass 500 for a registered course. That has an AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework) level. You must remain enrolled in that course. Level throughout your course unless there is any change in the study situation.
- Satisfactory course attendance as specified by your institute must be maintained for each study period.
A course included in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses. For Overseas Students (CRICOS) is called a registered course in Australia.
In general, the gap between the two courses is 2 months. However, it can be more than that if:
- You have been affected by education provider default,
- You have reached the end of the academic year study break, or
- Your course is completed, and you want to apply for a new subclass 500 student visa.
Is studying abroad, particularly in Australia, just a pipe dream for you? Then apply for the Student Visa Subclass 500 right now, without a second’s hesitation? Because by doing so, you will be able to easily realize your ambition of studying wherever you want in Australia. Furthermore, when it comes to the duration of stay for this visa. It allows any of the applicants to stay in Australia for up to 5 years.
Who is eligible to apply for a Student Visa 500?
People who are at least 18 years old and maybe older can apply for the Student Visa Subclass 500. More importantly, in order to obtain his or her visa in a timely manner. The applicant must meet all qualifying criteria as well as pass all types of health exams.
What Is The Process For Obtaining A Student Subclass Visa 500?
Aside from that, the applicant must also meet the conditions listed below. The following are a few of them to consider:
- The students need to apply for a full-fledged academic course in Australia from a reputed college. Or university and therefore need to obtain a letter of Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The applicant also needs to meet up with the required health. And character requirements that the Department of Home Affairs conducts.
- After the student has been granted permission of the visa subclass 500. He/she can now take up the course of study to pursue their career.
- The applicant must also present all those documents that prove the course. They have applied for is valid and thereby have taken admission. From an authentic college or university.
What Are The GTE Permits?
As the name suggests, GTE means Genuine Temporary Entrant. This means the candidate needs to prove. That he/she has chosen a substantial course from the means of Australia:-
- The applicant needs to present a statement of purpose
- A document that proves the financial stability of your family all way in their native land.
- The applicant also needs to present all those proofs. That show the ranking details of his/her previously studied courses.
Limited Study Change
The Subclass 500 Student Visa has some study limitations.
You cannot change your study course, research topic or thesis unless the relevant ministry approves that.
The approval is offered after the ministry has received an assessment from the corresponding. Australian authorities that you are no risk to Australian national security.
If you want to change your major, thesis or topic of your research. You have to fill out Form 1221 and email it to the relevant authority.
You Should Not Become Disruptive
When you come to Australia to stay for a considerable period. You will have some responsibilities to fulfil. For instance, you cannot get involved in any disruptive activities. Or create violence within the Australian community.
For example, suppose you become engaged in extremist activities or promote extremist views. In that case, you will be considered disruptive. To the operations of the Australian community. And your student visa subclass 500 will be cancelled.
Maintaining Adequate Health Insurance
Every student visa holder in Australia needs to maintain adequate health. Insurance coverage throughout their stay. This condition applies to their family members, too.
You will need to hold an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) provided by your institute or an insurance agent.
Maintaining Welfare Arrangements
If you are under 18, you will have to maintain your welfare arrangements during the whole stay. To comply with this condition, you must:
- Stay with your legal guardian, your parents, or
- a relative aged 21 or over and has a good character, and
- Have accommodation and other general welfare arrangements that your education provider has approved.
Note that you cannot change your welfare arrangements unless your education provider has given written approval.
Informing Your Education Provider of Your Australian Address
As a student visa Adelaide, it will be your responsibility. To inform your education provider of your Australian address. Make sure you do it within 7 days of arriving in this country.
If you have changed your Australian residence. You must also inform your institute about it within 7 days of the change.
Because the Department of Home Affairs will contact you through your institute. Making your education provider aware of this information is mandatory.
Satisfying the Criteria of the Australian Visa Subclass 500 Grant
While staying, you must continue to satisfy the specific subclass 500 student visa grant criteria.
Maintaining Adequate Arrangements for Your Children’s Education
If you have school-aged children and have stayed in Australia for more than 3 months. As dependent visa holders, you must maintain adequate education arrangements.
No Further Stay
The Australian Visa Subclass 500 is a temporary visa, and you will have to return to your home country once it expires. If this student visa (subclass 500 conditions) is attached, you cannot apply for a student visa extension Australia 2022.
What Are the Documents You Must Submit to Apply?
Proper submission of all the documents at the time of application. Will help you obtain your Visa 500 without flaws. The Student Visa 500 checklist includes:
- Identity documents like passport, a national id card, etc.
- Passport-size photographs
- Previous academic transcripts
- An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
- A Genuine Temporary Entrant statement
- Welfare arrangement documents, if you are below 18
- English language documents, if you are from a non-English speaking country
- Dependent applicant documents
- OSHC details
- Health and character documents
A Migration Agent Can Help You with Your Application
You may consult a registered migration agent Adelaide for professional guidance regarding your application. Australian migration agents are highly popular across the globe for providing excellent services to their clients. They can give you advice according to your unique circumstances. So that your application can be easy and smooth. Contact any top-rated Adelaide migration firm to get hold of the best visa agent working in the city.