There can be data loss if the size of the PST files exceeds the. If the PST file exceeds the storage limit, it will likely slow down Microsoft Outlook performance, prevent it from reaching your mailbox, and in the worst case, cause data loss.
To avoid this situation and protect data from corruption, a widely used solution is to split the PST file into smaller sizes. In theory, it’s easy to say “just share files”, but in practice, the process isn’t that simple. Splitting PST files manually requires a technician and some free time. It will be reliable for a user to select the Split PST tool.
The most common reason for splitting PST files is storage issues. Large files are always at risk of data corruption. Heavy files slow down Outlook’s performance. Also, the data in the .pst file becomes inaccessible. Here you will learn some manual methods that you can use to split PST files.
Method 1. Using the Move to folder Option
For the manually splitting of the PST files using the move to folder option a user need to follow the below provided steps:
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application to start the process.
- Click the “File” tab in the upper left corner >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Then click the Data Files tab and click the Add button to add a new PST file and give it a unique name for your convenience.
- Once added, go to Home and open the old PST file in your Outlook profile.
- Select the items you want to move to the newly created PST file.
- To move, click the Move tab on the ribbon and click Copy to Folder.
- After running the Copy to Folder Wizard, select the newly created PST file to move the selected items from the old PST file.
- After moving the items to the new PST, it serves the purpose of deleting the copied items from the old PST to reduce the size of the old PST.
Method 2: Using Import and Export option
Split the PST files using the Import and export option users need to follow the below provided steps:
- First, open the Microsoft Outlook application on your system.
- Then click File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- In the Export and Import Wizard, find the Export to File option. Click Next to continue.
- In the File Export window, find and select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next to proceed to the next step.
- The Export Outlook Data File Wizard will open, select the Export Folders and Subfolders >> Include Subfolders option.
- Now, to select the location of the exported files, select the Browse tab, stop exporting duplicate items, and click the Don’t export duplicates option. Finally, click the Finish button.
- Finally, set a password for the PST file or cancel the option to set a password.
Method 3: Archive Wizard PST Size Reduction Method
Follow the below provided steps for the reduction of the size of the PST files:
- As usual, open Microsoft Outlook and follow the given navigation. File menu and go to the Info tab and then select the Cleanup Tools and now at last select the Archive button
- Next, select the desired archive folder and select the date you want to archive the items.
- At the same time as the second step, click on the “Browse” option to save the item and give it a name such as “New PST File”.
- Finally, click on the “OK” tab to confirm.
These are the steps for the manually splitting of the Outlook PST files. Users do faces many limitations while following the manual method.
Limitations of the manual method
The limitations that are faced by a user while following the manual method. Let us have a look at these limitations:
- Hierarchy is not maintaine the tool
- Users do face many limitations
- Files are not maintained as it is
- Accuracy is not maintaine the tool
- Novice user finds it difficult to carry the splitting task
These are some of the limitations that are faced by the users while following the manual method.
The Split PST tools
The splitting of the PST files can be done conveniently by using the Softaken Split PST tool. Without facing any hurdle every user is able to split their Outlook PST files. Files are maintained the tool. kind of error is not faced by any user. Accuracy is provided the tool every single time. A convenient splitting of the PST files is followed by the advanced Split PST tool. The app provides a great Graphical User Interface thus every single user is able to carry the splitting of the Outlook PST files. The steps for the splitting of the PST files can be followed easily by any user.
Split the PST files can be followed easily, let us have a look at these steps:
- Download this app to your Windows Operating System
- Now install this Split PST tool
- Then, add the Outlook PST files that you need to split
- Set a path to save your Outlook PST files.
- Finalize the above steps by clicking on the “process” button
There are no hurdles that are faced by any user while following the splitting task.
The blog provides deep information about the methods to split Outlook PST files. It is up to the users to select their choice method for carrying out the splitting of the Outlook PST files. It is up to the users to select their choice method to split the Outlook PST files. The blog also provides a professional method for splitting PST files. Using the Split PST tool is a convenient option for every user.
Read More Blogs At: Fornewz